FATHER ASTOLFO MORENO
Father Astolfo Moreno is a Colombian priest in the service of the Archdiocese of Bogotá, ordained on 1 December 2001. He holds a doctorate in Dogmatic Theology from the University of Navarra (Spain, 2021) with a thesis entitled: Dostoyevsky in the Theology of the 20th Century. He holds a master’s degree in Canon Law from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Colombia, 2008), a degree in Dogmatic Theology from the Pontifical Gregorian University (Italy, 2013), a Bachelor’s degree in Theology (2001) and Philosophy (1998) from the University of Navarra (Spain). He is also an industrial engineer from the Universidad de los Andes (Colombia, 1996), with a qualification in management development from INALDE Business School (Colombia, 2021).
He currently serves as parish priest at Jesus Christ Redeemer of the Archdiocese of Bogota, where he has been since December 2018. He has been president of the Pontifical Foundation Aid to the Church in Need, ACN Colombia, since October 2014.
He initiated, along with other priests, the Emmaus Retreats for priests, which have been attended by more than 1,000 clergy from various countries around the world. He accompanies various apostolates in Colombia, organising many pilgrimages to the Holy Land and other shrines and the Medjugorje Centre in Colombia.
Always at the service of the Archdiocese of Bogota, he served as parish priest at San Pio de Pietrelcina and at the Primate Cathedral of Colombia. He was also a local collaborator of the Apostolic Nunciature in Colombia. Among other posts, he has also been chaplain to the Presidency of the Republic of Colombia; a member of the Commission for the Ongoing Formation of the Clergy; an initiator of the María Auxiliadora Chapel of the Congress of the Republic; auxiliary Notary of the Episcopal Vicariate of Espíritu Santo; parochial Vicar in Santa María de Jerusalén; chaplain of the Manuel María Camargo Gymnasium and of the Interparochial College of El Santo Cura de Ars.
For the last three years he has distinguished himself as a Catholic influencer on social networks and digital communication channels, where he evangelises and brings the true hope of Jesus Christ to different audiences.
Jesus Christ Redeemer Church of the Archdiocese of Bogota
This virtual Rosary Thursday will make use of Zoom technology. It will open at 17.50 hours, local Rome time; the prayers begin at 18.00 hours, concluding at 18.30 hours.
The following time zones will assist your time of prayer.
USA/CANADA – Eastern Time: 12.00
USA/CANADA – Central Time: 11.00
CENTRAL EUROPEAN Time: 18.00
USA/CANADA – Mountain Time: 10.00
SOUTH AFRICA: – 18.00
UK/IRELAND: – 17.00
This virtual Rosary Thursday will include a welcome by Marion Mulhall and introduction to Father Astolfo Moreno.
Prayer leader and prayer responders will pray the Luminous Mysteries in the following order, with special guided meditations before each decade by Father Astolfo Moreno.
- First Luminous Mystery –The Baptism of the Lord in the Jordan – to be prayed by Father Astolfo Moreno prayer responder Montse Alvarado President & COO, EWTN News Host, EWTN News in Depth.
- Second Luminous Mystery – Wedding Feast of Cana – to be prayed by Father Astolfo Moreno prayer responder special guest to be announced.
- Third Luminous Mystery – Proclamation of the Kingdom – to be prayed by Father Astolfo Moreno prayer responder. Niall Kennedy KCSG Chairman of Worldpriest Global Apostolate.
- Fourth Luminous Mystery – The Transfiguration of Our Lord – to be prayed by Father Astolfo Moreno prayer responder Marion Mulhall Founder Worldpriest Global Apostolate.
- Fifth Luminous Mystery – The Institution of the Eucharist – to be prayed by Father Astolfo Moreno prayer responder Valerie Mullen Pletcher, MinstF (Adv Dip) Sr. Director of Philanthropy at FOCUS – Fellowship of Catholic University Students
Final rosary prayers with a special blessing by Father Astolfo Moreno to our Rosary Thursday prayer community.
To register, just click on the link provided here.
If you have any questions, please contact;
Father Fred Jenga, C.S.C. On the 16 of June 2023 led our special Worldpriest Virtual Global Rosary Relay time of prayer for Pope Francis along with the directors of Worldpriest Global Apostolate from the USA and Ireland.
At any time of your choosing pray with Father Fred Jenga https://youtu.be/kSBiXnKTAf8 recording of this beautiful time of prayer.