Father Bernard J. McGuckian S.J.
Like many millions of people across the globe you may already be praying the Rosary on Thursdays. Worldpriest is now naming each Thursday as Rosary Thursday and invites you to offer your Rosary on that day for the sanctification of priests, which is also the Worldpriest Annual Global Rosary Relay prayer intention. On the last Thursday of each month The Worldpriest Global Apostolate is planning a virtual Rosary Thursday.
This prayer time for Rosary Thursday will take the form of a virtual Rosary at 6 p.m. local Rome time, being prayed for the sanctification of priests and the intentions of Pope Francis. Everyone around the world – regardless of their location – will be very welcome to join in this important time of prayer However; all participants will need to register by simply clicking on the link below.
Clongowes Wood College, Co. Kildare, Ireland
This virtual Rosary Thursday will include a welcome and introduction to our Rosary Thursday Prayer time by Bernard J. McGuckian S.J.
Bernard J. McGuckian S.J. is an Irish Jesuit priest, currently working at the People’s Church, Clongowes Wood College, Co. Kildare. Since ordination in 1970 his main apostolate has been as Director of the international Pioneer Total Abstinence Association of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and editor of Pioneer, its monthly magazine (founded 1948). The membership of this Jesuit-inspired Association is mainly to be found in English-speaking countries, especially in Africa, where the growth in recent years has been phenomenal. The members commit themselves to life-long abstinence from alcohol and daily prayer to the Sacred Heart for victims of alcohol abuse. A Jesuit apostolate since its foundation in 1898 it has recently been entrusted to laity in December 2019.
During 1989-91 Fr McGuckian was based in Africa where he was directly involved in the establishment and spiritual direction of the Sisters of Emmanuel, now a thriving religious congregation in Kenya. Over the years his special interest has been Sacred Heart spirituality. He is one of three brothers who are Jesuit priests. Michael is currently based in Ankara, Turkey and the youngest, Alan is Bishop of the Diocese of Raphoe Ireland.
Father Barney McGuckian was appointed Chaplain to the Worldpriest Global Apostolate in November 2019.
This virtual Rosary Thursday will make use of Zoom technology. It will open at 17.50 hours, local Rome time; the prayers begin at 18.00 hours, concluding at 18.30 hours.
The following time zones will assist your time of prayer reflecting the daylight-saving time change.
USA/CANADA – Eastern Time: 12.00
USA/CANADA – Central Time: 11.00
CENTRAL EUROPEAN Time: 18.00
USA/CANADA – Mountain Time: 10.00
SOUTH AFRICA: – 18.00
UK/IRELAND: – 17.00
The following people will pray the Luminous Mysteries in the following order, with guided meditations for each decade by Father Barney McGuckian S.J our Worldpriest Chaplain.
- First Luminous Mystery –The Baptism of the Lord in the Jordan – To be prayed by Father Barney McGuckian S.J. Prayer responder John and Bridie O’Grady friends of Worldpriest from Chicago USA.
- Second Luminous Mystery – Wedding Feast of Cana – To be prayed by Father Barney McGuckian S.J. Prayer responder Isabel Gillis Worldpriest Representative for Canada.
- Third Luminous Mystery – Proclamation of the Kingdom – To be prayed by Father Barney McGuckian S.J. Prayer responder Anne Brady Worldpriest Director Ireland.
- Fourth Luminous Mystery – The Transfiguration of Our Lord – To be prayed by Barney McGuckian S.J.– Prayer responder Dermot Mannion International Coordinator for Worldpriest Annual Global Rosary Relay and Worldpriest Associate.
- Fifth Luminous Mystery – The Institution of the Eucharist – Barney McGuckian S.J. Prayer responder Marion Mulhall Founder Worldpriest Global Apostolate.
Final prayers by Father Barney McGuckian S.J. with a final blessing.
On the 26 October 2023 Father Willie Purcell from Ireland led our special Worldpriest Virtual Rosary Thursday time of prayer along with friends of the Worldpriest Global Apostolate. At any time of your selecting pray with Father Willie Purcell with our recording of this beautiful time of prayer
To register, just click on the link provided here.
If you have any questions, please contact;