Join and pray as guided by Saint John Paul.
Reflection from Saint John Paul on the Rosary
“Today … I am handing you the Rosary beads. Through prayer and meditation on the mysteries, Mary leads you safely towards her Son! Do not be ashamed to recite the Rosary alone, while you walk along the streets to school, to the university or to work, or as you commute by public transport. Adopt the habit of reciting it among yourselves, in your groups, movements and associations. Do not hesitate to suggest that it be recited at home … because it rekindles and strengthens the bonds between family members. This prayer will help you to be strong in your faith, constant in charity, joyful and persevering in hope.”
Pope John Paul II, 8 March 2003
At your local church or shrine.
1) Name and thank the Shrine from which you have received the Rosary Relay from, check official shrine details listing on www.worldpriest.com
2) Read the special Apostolic Blessing from Pope Francis for the Annual Global Rosary Relay for Priests.
Pope Francis’ Apostolic Blessing for the Annual Global Rosary Relay for Priests
The Most Reverend Michael Neary, Archbishop of Tuam, Episcopal Advisor to WorldPriest
The Holy Father asks you to convey his cordial greetings to all taking part in the ”24-Hour Rosary Relay for Priests” and to assure them of his spiritual closeness. He prays that our Blessed Mother may always guide and protect priests who are consecrated to the joyful and indispensable mission of proclaiming the Gospel and offering God’s people, through the celebration of the sacraments, the closeness, the word and the strength of Christ (cf. Evangelii Gaudium,121). With great affection and appreciation for priests, His Holiness commends them and those joining in this event to the loving intercession of Our Lady of the Rosary, and willingly imparts his Apostolic Blessing as a pledge of grace and peace.
Cardinal Pietro Parolin, Secretary of State
3) Pray the allocated mystery of the Rosary for your country check official shrine details listing on www.worldpriest.com
4) At the end of the Rosary Relay pray the special prayer written by His Holiness Benedict XV1 for Priests.
LORD JESUS CHRIST,
eternal High Priest, you offered yourself to the
Father on the altar of the Cross and through the
outpouring of the Holy Spirit gave your priestly
people a share in your redeeming sacrifice.
Hear our prayer for the sanctification of our priests.
Grant that all who are ordained to the ministerial
priesthood may be ever more conformed to you,
the divine Master. May they preach the
Gospel with pure heart and clear conscience.
Let them be shepherds according to your own Heart,
single- minded in service to you and to the Church
and shining examples of a holy, simple and joyful life.
Through the prayers of the Blessed Virgin Mary,
your Mother and ours, draw all priests and the flocks
entrusted to their care to the fullness of eternal life where
you live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit,
one God, forever and ever.
His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI’s Prayer for Priests
(Specially composed for Worldpriest)
5) Announce the date for next year – 8 June 2018
6) Spiritually send the Rosary Relay to the next location as you mention the name of the next shrine and location to all present. Check official shrine details listing on www.worldpriest.com
7) After the Rosary Relay prayer is completed at your shrine please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with pictures, or audio recordings, or video clips and if possible, a brief overview as to how you prayerfully celebrated the Global Rosary Relay for Priests.