With Deacon Dr. Timothy Flanigan MD
Doctor Timothy P. Flanigan is Professor of Medicine in Infectious Diseases at the Miriam and Rhode Island Hospitals and Brown Medical School. He has spearheaded both clinical care and clinical research programs for improved HIV treatment among marginalized communities. He is recognized for his communitybased work with HIV-infected men and women in prisons and jails and for providing educational support for children of incarcerated parents.
An ordained deacon for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Providence, Rhode Island, in 2014 he travelled to St. Joseph Catholic Hospital in Monrovia, Liberia on a twomonth mission focused on training personnel to care for Ebola patients without contracting the virus. In addition to his university teaching and mentoring roles, he has worked on more than two dozen research grant projects, 260 original articles in peer-reviewed publications, 20 books and book chapters and has presented some 120 scholarly works around the world.
Dr. Flanigan earned his medical degree from Cornell University in 1983 and his B.A. from Dartmouth College in 1979. In 2016, he received an Honorary Doctorate from Mount Saint Mary College for his humanitarian efforts around the world and contributions as a physician and a deacon. Dr. Flanigan and his wife, Luba, live in Rhode Island with their family.
This virtual Rosary Thursday will make use of Zoom technology. It will open at 17.40 hours, the prayers begin at 18.00 hours, concluding at 18.30 hours.
The following time zones will assist your time of prayer.
USA/CANADA – Eastern Time: 12.00
USA/CANADA – Central Time: 11.00
CENTRAL EUROPEAN Time: 18.00
USA/CANADA – Mountain Time: 10.00
SOUTH AFRICA: – 18.00
UK/IRELAND: – 17.00
This virtual Rosary Thursday will include a welcome by Marion and introduction to our 25 August 2022 Rosary Thursday Prayer time by,. Deacon Dr. Timothy Flanigan MD
Prayer leaders will pray the Luminous Mysteries in the following order, with special guided meditations for each decade.
- First Luminous Mystery –The Baptism of the Lord in the Jordan – to be prayed by Deacon Dr. Timothy Flanigan MD.
- Second Luminous Mystery – Wedding Feast of Cana – to be prayed Marion Mulhall Founder Worldpriest Global Apostolate.
- Third Luminous Mystery – Proclamation of the Kingdom – to be prayed by Dermot Mannion International Coordinator Global Rosary Relay and Worldpriest Associate.
- Fourth Luminous Mystery – The Transfiguration of Our Lord – Father Barney McGuckian S.J. Chaplain to the Worldpriest Global Apostolate.
- Fifth Luminous Mystery – The Institution of the Eucharist – to be prayed by Valerie Mullen Pletcher, Senior Director of Philanthropy FOCUS – Fellowship of Catholic University Students.
Final rosary prayers with a special blessing by Deacon Dr. Timothy Flanigan to all prayer participants.
To register, just click on the link provided here.
If you have any questions please contact;